The Vital SEO KPIs That You Should Be Tracking
As the world of SEO continues to evolve, so too do the metrics and KPIs we use to measure success. While some old standards like organic traffic and keyword rankings are still necessary, new metrics like dwell time and CTR are becoming increasingly valuable.
To help you stay on top of the latest trends, we’ve put together a list of SEO KPIs you should be tracking in 2022:
Organic traffic is still one of the most important SEO KPIs. It measures the number of visitors who come to your site from organic (unpaid) search results.
To increase your organic traffic, you need to rank higher in the search results for the keywords that your target audience is searching for. You can track your organic traffic using Google Analytics or another analytics tool.
Keyword rankings are another important SEO KPI. They measure how well your site is ranking for specific keywords in the search results.
To improve your keyword rankings, you need to optimize your site for the keywords that you want to rank for. You can track your keyword rankings using a tool like SEMrush or Moz.
Click-Through Rate (CTR)
Click-through rate (CTR) is a measure of how often people who see your listing in the search results click on it.
A high CTR is a good sign that your listing is relevant and appealing to searchers. It’s also a strong signal to Google that your listing is a good result for the query. You can track your CTR in Google Search Console or another analytics tool.
Dwell time is the amount of time that a user spends on your site after clicking on your listing in the search results.
A high dwell time is a good sign that your site is relevant and useful to searchers. It’s also a strong signal to Google that your listing is a good result for the query. You can track your dwell time in Google Analytics or another analytics tool.
Bounce rate is the percentage of visitors who leave your site after viewing only one page. A high bounce rate is a sign that your site is not relevant or useful to visitors. It’s also a signal to Google that your listing is not a good result for the query. You can track your bounce rate in Google Analytics or another analytics tool.
Google Business Profile Metrics (For Local Businesses Only)
You will need to have a Google Business Profile if you run a local business. This profile is a separate listing from your website in Google Maps. Google uses these listings to show local businesses in search results.
Here are some of the key metrics to track for your Google Business Profile:
- Website Clicks: Website clicks are the number of times visitors have clicked on the website link in your Google Business Profile.
- Directions Clicks: Directions clicks are the number of times visitors have clicked on the directions link in your Google Business Profile.
- Phone Calls: Phone calls are the number of phone calls made to your business from your Google Business Profile.
- Photos Views: Photos views are the number of times visitors have viewed the photos in your Google Business Profile.
- Reviews: Reviews are the number of reviews left for your business on your Google Business Profile.
Leads, Phone Calls or Sales
Leads, phone calls, and sales are all measures of the success of your business. Leads are potential customers who have shown interest in your product or service. Phone calls are the number of phone calls made to your business from your Google Business Profile. Sales are the number of sales made by your business.
High Impression / Low Click Pages
High impression and low click pages are pages on your website that receive a lot of impressions but few clicks. This means that people are seeing your page but not clicking through to it. You can use this information to determine which pages on your website are not performing well and make changes to improve their performance.
There are a few things you can do to improve the performance of high impression, low click pages on your website:
- Update meta titles and descriptions to entice users to click. Optimize your meta title3s and descriptions by making them more compelling. Make sure to add your main keyword to each one.
- Add more call-to-actions on the page. This will encourage people to click through to other pages on your website.
- Make sure the design of the page is appealing and easy to navigate.
Core Web Vitals Page Load Speed
The page load speed is the time it takes for the pages on your website to load. This is an important SEO KPI because it can impact your website’s ranking in search engines and affect user experience.
There are a few things you can do to improve your page load speed:
- Optimize your images so that they’re smaller in size but still look good.
- Minimize the amount of code on your pages.
- Use caching to store frequently accessed files so that they don’t need to be loaded each time a page is accessed.
- Limit the number of third-party plugins and scripts on the site
- Lazy load images
- Make sure any assets that don’t need to load right when the page does are deferred until later
By optimizing your website for speed, you can improve the overall user experience. By using caching and minimized code, you can keep pages loading quickly.
How to Ensure You are Incorporating the Latest SEO Best Practices
There are several ways to ensure that you comply with the latest SEO best practices. One way is to ensure your website is fully optimized for search engines. Optimizing your website for search engines ensures that users easily find your pages and that your website is displayed on the search results pages.
You can also ensure that your website complies with the latest SEO best practices by using keyword research to determine which keywords are most important to your website. Once you have determined which keywords are most important to your website, you can make sure that you are using them in your website content and in your website title tags.
By following the latest SEO best practices, you can ensure that your website is ranked high in search results and that your website visitors are satisfied.
The Bottom Line
There are several SEO KPIs that you should be tracking in 2022 to ensure the success of your SEO strategy. The most important KPIs include website traffic, organic search traffic, website engagement, backlinks, and keyword rankings. By tracking these KPIs, you can ensure that your website performs well and reaches its target audience.
Decisive Design offers full service marketing in Dallas. We specialize in building brilliant websites that share your mission. Get in touch with us.
Leave a Comment